December 5, 2012
If you struggle with sexually compulsive behaviors including pornography, masturbation, affairs, or other sexual encounters you may be feeling trapped, numb, helpless and hopeless about the possibility of finding recovery. The road to sustained recovery is not easy but with proper effort and tools it is possible.
At Cedar Point Counseling we do not subscribe to quick-fix therapy. Instead we understand the process of finding recovery through sustained effort and right practice of developing a recovery lifestyle. We know the tools and help our clients acquire and integrate them into life.Early recovery includes these essential steps:
- Come out of hiding. Sexual addiction thrives in secrecy.
- Become educated about Pornography / Sexual Addiction.
- Set boundaries and practice self-care.
- Work with a qualified sexual addiction counselor.
- Actively participate in a 12-Step program.